Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I'm having hip replacement surgery on January 3rd. I live in
melissamesq
melissamesq, Attorney
I'm having hip replacement surgery on January 3rd. I live in California. I could be out from 4-6 weeks on disability/medical leave. I'm the only person in the company who does my role or is knowledgea… read more
Had Total Knee replacement 10/8/2018. gave notice of surgery
Sarah Fischer
Sarah Fischer, J.D.
Had Total Knee replacement 10/8/2018. gave notice of surgery 9/12, doctor appointment for pre surgery filled out and fax paperwork 10/2. was denied two weeks later for the reason was not regular full … read more
If I am under dr care and on term disability. Facing an
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
If I am under dr care and on long term disability. Facing an additional surgery. Is it legal in colorado to terminate me? … read more
We live in Louisiana. My husband was called to take a QC (quality
Sam, Attorney
We live in Louisiana. My husband was called to take a QC (quality control) job in the Houston Texas area for a industrial construction company to do QC on the construction at a plant. Mostly office wo… read more
I have been employed by a SC company for 33 years. I have
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
I have been employed by a SC company for 33 years. I have an excellent attendance record with no performance problems. On October 17, 2013 I took STD/FMLA leave to have shoulder replacement surgery - … read more
To make a long story short, I have an on going worker comp
John, Employment Lawyer
To make a long story short, I have an on going worker comp claim that has consumed the last 2.5 years of my life. I slipped on a mat at work and retore my acl. My employer agreed to cover it, waited a… read more
I had a surgery on my hip in December. I work as a contracted
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I had a surgery on my hip in December. I work as a contracted ER physician as a hospital employee. I ended up having complications and required an additional surgery in May. I was initially on short-t… read more
On November 15, 2011, My Doctor placed me on medical leave,
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
On November 15, 2011, My Doctor placed me on medical leave, until he could diagnose the problem I was having with my right leg. My job explained to me that due to a prior surgery I had in Jan. 2010, I… read more
I have a question related to time off. On 3/24/11 I requested
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
I have a question related to time off. On 3/24/11 I requested my annual vacation to be taken in September 12 days total. I currently have sufficient time to cover this request. the request was approve… read more
I have to have hip replacement surgery, my work plant manager
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I have to have hip replacement surgery, my work plant manager was very rude. Told me he needed someone who would be there all the time and to try to get disability. We had a man that works there also … read more
I am wondering if it is illegal for my past employer (big corporation)
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I am wondering if it is illegal for my past employer (big corporation) to hire someone to replace me when I am on my first 2 weeks of short term disability after a surgery? I wasn't terminated for an … read more
I was fired last week from a Home Health Care Agency in Florida
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I was fired last week from a Home Health Care Agency in Florida with multiple offices. The reason I was terminated was because I had a splinter in my finger which later became infected after a day of … read more
I began my employment on March 16, 2009 with a new employer
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
I began my employment on March 16, 2009 with a new employer and found out I was pregnant the very next day. At this time I informed my employer that I was pregnant and was told that this would not be … read more
I am an exempt employee (plant manager) and I am currently
Experienced Attorney
Experienced Attorney, JD
I am an exempt employee (plant manager) and I am currently recovering from hip replacement surgury. I was not available for work for two days, but since that time I have been answering all my emails a… read more
I am a resident of the state of Illinois. I am an executive
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I am a resident of the state of Illinois. I am an executive assistant reporting to a level two executive – a man of power. Due to a fall in the snow on my way to work (my manager chose to stay home du… read more
I am scheduled for total hip replacement surg on March 3.
Lawyer Bob
Lawyer Bob, Doctoral Degree
I am scheduled for total hip replacement surg on March 3. I am ineligible for FMLA, (in Louisville KY) due to we have only 11-12 employees and the home office is in New Jersey. The HR Dept informed me… read more
I was hurt on the job in 1989, covered underworkers comp,
Jogoesq
Jogoesq, attorney
I was hurt on the job in 1989, covered underworkers comp, my claim is now being handled by sedgwick cms, I was given ppd of 17%, I have worked continiously since 1991 through pain and last month I wen… read more
I am a registered nurse in florida. I have been employeed ...
Paralegal Bill
Paralegal Bill, Associate Degree
I am a registered nurse in florida. I have been employeed with the same hospital for 25 yrs, 8 of those years being a part time employee. I requested FMLA from HR. I have a doctors script regarding th… read more