Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was fired on the 13th of this month for safety issues the…

Customer Question
Hello. I was fired...

Hello. I was fired on the 13th of this month for safety issues the workplace claims, but in reality I had asked time and time again about not being on the equipment that I was on and nobody never listened. The supervisor constantly put me on the tugger no matter how many accidents I had. I want to know would it be hard to get a case against the workplace? I also hurt my back on the job because the workload was too strenuous for me. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I don't think that they are part of a union but they do employ union workers. I was full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There was another employee that asked not to be put on a piece of equipment and the supervisor granted his wishes. I believe that he wouldn't do the same for me because I was a female

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

You wouldn't have a case based solely on being put on a piece of equipment that you didn't want to be on, but if you are stating that you believe that was because of your gender, then yes you can make a claim through the EEOC. That organization is free and you don't need an attorney to file. You can have the employer investigated concerning their decision.

Now, as for your back, you would need to file a worker's compensation claim and you'll likely need an attorney for that now that you have left the employer. The injury took place while you were an employee, so it is covered.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer