Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If I was refused unemployment in Hawaii. Can i apply again…

Customer Question
If I was refused unemployment...
If I was refused unemployment in Hawaii. Can i apply again in nevada
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 10 months ago
Michael Bradley

can you give me a little more information before I can give you an opinion

how long ago worked?

why refused?

did you appeal?

Two months I appealed. Everyone related on island. Biased decision. I was terminated without due process. The employer fired me because I would not live in one of his dwellings.
He trumped up charges of misconduct. Charging that I was sleeping on job. Not take orders. All fslse charges. No written warnings.
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 10 months ago

if you applied in Hawaii, were denied, appealed and denied again and then it ended you could not file again based on that job removal

you would need to work again and if lost employment you could start a new case

unfortunately I wish I had better news

you could try in NV if you establish residency but I do nit think you will be successful