Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I just got fired from City of Buffalo and I have to know…

Customer Question
I just got fired...

I just got fired from City of Buffalo and I have to know what my rights are and they said it was my performance

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MN and they have only talked to me once and we do not get performance reviews.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time non union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a lot issues the Mgr would not even say anything g other employees have bad performance

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you are an at will employee, you can be fired for any good cause reason as a city employee and your only recourse is filing an appeal through your city internal grievance process. You must file your appeal in accordance with the city internal appeal process. Then once you do, if you lose, you can seek to appeal that decision to court if you can prove it was contrary to law or based on fraudulent information. But you must exhaust your appeal through the employer's process first.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

What is free wii

What do you mean what is free wii? Experts answer your questions, we know nothing about your agreement with the site. We also do not send out phone requests, the site does it automatically and you can ignore those requests.