Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was an employee in training for U.S, Xpress in 2013 to…

Customer Question
My name is***** was...

My name is***** was an employee in training for U.S, Xpress in 2013 to 2014. The pay at that time was only 50usd per day in a 72 hr work week. I was informed about a class action suit regarding this.I have contacted the attorneys regarding this since 2014 and have not gotten any answer nor payment for the monies that is owe anything I have proof that I have my checkstubs and requested my personnel records. everytime I contact the law firm I get a cold shoulder or no one wants to give me ant answers. what am I to do now it is 2017 and I am not sure of the statues of limitations on this. please help. thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I the law firm is in New Jersey and I live here in Texas, the corporate office for US Xpress is in t

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

The employment was full time I was in training maybe this will assist youThis action was filed on July 26, 2013. The Plaintiffs, who are over-the-road truck drivers of U.S. Xpress who participated in U.S. Xpress’s over-the-road trauning porgram, filed a federal lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee asserting that U.S. Xpress failed to pay them and thousands of other truck drivers at least the mandated minimum wage as required by the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”). Specifically, the lawsuit asserts that U.S. Xpress failed to newly hired drivers an amount equal to minimum wage for all hours worked during the initial hiring orientation and during the 6-8 weeks over-the-road training program.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am working on getting my personnel records and I do have all my paystubs for the 10 weeks that I have worked for the company. I was sending an email for a reply to the Swartz firm but have not sent it yet. I did not know who to reach out to first.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

To join a pending class action is one option. To commence and be a lead plaintiff of a new class action is another. If you retain your own plaintiff lawyer, martindale.com and findlaw.com are great directories.

Tina, Lawyer