Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for a city and am not sure how to see whistle-blower…

Customer Question
I work for a...

I work for a city and am not sure how to see whistle-blower protection.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington State

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its about unauthorized compensation being paid to the mayor

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/19/2017
Employment Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
Thank you so much for submitting your question. It takes a lot of courage to decide to do the right thing!Employees of state agencies in Washington can blow the whistle on other state employees who violate state laws or rules. You may contact
Cheri Elliott, Lead Whistleblower Investigator***@******.***(###) ###-#### You may also file a whistleblower complaint online using the link below:
http://www.sao.wa.gov/investigations/Pages/Whistleblower.aspxThe complaint can be anonymous or if you decide to share your identity, you should be free from retaliation since the act protects you from retaliation as well.
I hope I have adequately answered your question and if you are please with my response please reward me with a positive rating! Thanks!

I hope that you were satisfied with my response? If so, please reward me with a positive rating? Thanks in advance!!

Hi there! Just wanted to check in with you to see if your issue has been resolved. I can't close out the case until you give a rating. Would you be so kind as to rate my response? I thank you so much in advance.