Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work at CM in Damascus, VA. The company provides a

Customer Question
I work at CM...

I work at CM in Damascus, VA. The company provides a refrigerator for workers. I went to Food City before work to buy snacks. however while at Food City I found a large pack of sirloin steaks on sale for $4. So bought it and placed it in the fridge. That night I forgot to take them home. Now our human resources manager is investigating me for cooking in the company ovens. I feel that this has something to do with me contacting the Union about not having safe and servicable equipment. After which I have had extra work (i.e. subassembly) placed upon me and have had my headphones and speakers removed from my area.I would like to note that this has been going on for sometime now, and I still do not have safe and serviceable equipment to use.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time 58 hours a week. Optional union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that these incidents have been going on for close to three years. I hate to bother you, but I don't know what else to do.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/18/2017
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I can assist?

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.