Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work at Wal-Mart in Blaine Minnesota. I need a stool to…

Customer Question
I work at Wal-Mart...

I work at Wal-Mart in Blaine Minnesota. I need a stool to sit one when I do my job. I am a part time host/greeter and work part time . My shifts are four hours. I was told I could not sit unless I had a letter from my doctor which I provided. Then about three weeks ago I was told there was a policy change and my doctor needed to answer more questions. I also asked him to do this. He did it and then yesterday, September 17,2017 my boss came ad took the chair and said I could no longer have the chair, She told me no one could have a chair anymore including a pregnant women nor a co-worker with MS in a wheelchair. I am very angry and frustrated. What can I do if anything?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Part time. I'm not sure what "at will" means

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can I do if anything. My boss also told me that no one, not a pregnant women or the co-worker with MS who is in a wheel chair can sit.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/18/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 11 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what your condition is, so that you require a chair. Thanks.