Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I WORKED FROM AGE 15 UNTIL 72 WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 5 YEARS…

Customer Question
I WORKED FROM AGE...

I WORKED FROM AGE 15 UNTIL 72 WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 5 YEARS WHEN I HAD 2 CHILDREN. I HAVE ARTHRITIS VERY BAD AND CANNOT WORK NOW EVEN THOUGH I WOULD LOVE TO. I HAVE WORKED FOR CPAs, ATTORNEYS, TRUST DEPARTMENT, PHYSICIANS, ETC. AND WAS TOLD BY SEVERAL PHYSICIANS MY BODY IS IN VERY GOOD SHAPE EXCEPT FOR THE ARTHRITIS WHICH KEEPS ME DOWN....UNABLE TO WALK BY MYSELF...EVEN TOLD L

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia..I AM RECEIVING MY SS, BUT WONDERING IF I WOULD ALSO BE ELIGIBLE FOR DISABILITY. MY SPOUSE DIED 5 YEARS AGO AND I STILL HAVE EXPENSES. THANK YOU.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO, JUST MY SS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF I WOULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR DISABILITY AS I WOULD BE ABLE TO CONTINUE WORKING IF NOT FOR THE ARTHRITIS WHICH IS A BIG HANDICAP.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/18/2017
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

No, unfortunately you cannot draw both social security retirement and disability. If you are on disability when you reach retirement age then they automatically switch you over to retirement.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

I am about to go offline for the evening. I will be back online tomorrow so if you have any follow up questions please ask them in this thread and I will answer them as soon as I see them. If you haven't issued a Positive Rating yet I would encourage you to do so now. Issuing a Positive Rating will prevent the question from timing out and closing and will lock it open so it can be accessed and the Q and A can continue at any time from this evening or even a year or more from now.