Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My wife was off work for about 2 months with diverticular…

Customer Question
My wife was off...

My wife was off work for about 2 months with diverticular abscess. We were told that she would have to quit her job. And when she is better, she could reapply and if there was an opening, she would be rehired.When we were told this, she still had a drain tube in her abdomen and a PICC line in her arm. My wife had a doctors appointment a few days after we were told of this. She went back to work and now a month later she had to have surgery to remove a part of her colon. We were tpld that

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Dakota

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The company told us that my wife has 6 weeks to recover and return to work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/17/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I am sorry to hear of the health issues your wife and you are going through. I wish her a speedy and easy recovery.

Before I provide information: How many employee's does your wife's company have?