Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

There has been an accusation taking funds from a church an…

Customer Question
There has been an...

There has been an accusation taking funds from a church an exuberant amount when the books were checked there was a showing loss of make me $5,000 but they're reporting over 200,000 what can we do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Its a church there is no hr

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It was voluntarily done

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The owner of the business in which employment is made is also a deacon of the church and has punished the employee for this is that legal

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Employer can be reprimanded if there is basis for it. Employee not liable personally unless stole money. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. If theft consider criminal complaint. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!