Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a federal supervisor that was issued a couseling

Customer Question
Good afternoon, I am...

Good afternoon, I am a federal supervisor that was issued a couseling statement that removed me from my position pending an informal investigation of misconduct. I was not given any specifics of alleged misconduct and only told the investagation would last up to six week. i was/have been barred from my office and any contact with employees in that office. The letter did not out line what will happen at the conclusion of the investigation, I am already scheduled to see the HR Labor Relations Specialists Tuesday this week, what othe asking. I understand that this is a long question and if outside your swim lane I understand

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Federal Government located in Bethesda MD

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just understand that I am a federal government supervisor and be versed in that area of law, many thanks for this format

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this issue?