Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

It is in regards to an employment issue. Can you help me…

Customer Question
It is in regards...

It is in regards ***** ***** employment issue. Can you help me with that?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

My hotel doesn't have a HR department, however I was fired today and asked to sign a document that I do not know if i should sign

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Yes SC is an at will state

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i can probably tell them

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me more about this document...is it a "severance package" where you agree not to sue to receive the money?