Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I just found out that I was off today but I wasn't told by…

Customer Question
I just found out...

I just found out that I was laid off today but I wasn't told by HR. I was sick and it was announced to my department but not me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I'm in Colorado which is n "at will" state. Also I want to mention I am 70 years young.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Can you please clarify what is your question?
Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.