Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I worked for "ABC Diving Company" as an ROV pilot for 1 year…

Customer Question
I worked for "ABC...

I worked for "ABC Diving Company" as an ROV pilot for 1 year on a vessel which they chartered. I did 216 days onboard the vessel during that year.Vessel is owned by "ABC Ship Company". ABC Ship Company is owned by ABC Administration Company.ABC Diving Company and ABC Administration Company are owned by the same single person. That person also is CEO/Managing Director and day to day operations manager of both companies.I was ill while on the vessel and was directed to continue to work during my illness by owner and owners offshore diving reps. I fell down a stairwell because of nausea/coughing fit, and fractured my foot and ankle.In port, I was taken to a hospital where I received a hardcast from foot to knee, and then brought back to work on the vessel deck and ROV equipment for 4 days until I traveled home.The owner of the companies has refused to provide any support and asked me to reimburse his company for my initial medical treatment.All people form vessel crew and diving/ROV crew knew of my illness and injury.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Under Jpnes Act/Maritime Law, do I sue ABC Diving Company or ABC Ship Company, or ABC Administration Company or All the Above?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

No agreement was ever signed. They never provided me with a complete agreement.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.what can I answer for you?