Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been under the supervision of mh for over 2 years…

Customer Question
I have been under...

I have been under the supervision of mh for over 2 years now..he has harrassed me..yelled at me in front of co workers writes me up for anything all hearsay i have spent most of this time sick or in our hr office over mh.. im called a lier, need thicker skin,took a 4$ an hr paycut to move to inspection in front because mh said i couldnt handle my inspection job after carple tunnel surgery much more do i have a civil case

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana...i watched this man snooping in the windows of my car about an hour ago....our handbook states we must be presant

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No...i just walked of the job...i havent said anything to hr about looking in my car windows...was going to call

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Goodness, if you received a text with an answer about mortgages, please ignore, that is for another customer. I am reviewing your question now:-)

I’m sorry to hear about your situation. What specific questions did you have for me regarding this?

what can i do..this man has bullyed, harrassed, intimidated me to the point of being sick.. I caught him snooping in my car widows at break..he follows me everywere i go...i left today after he was trying to get in my car without me there

I’m sorry to hear about that situation. You may want to consider just writing a cease and desist letter advising him to stop immediately. You should send it to him and his supervisors at the organization.. Lawyers use letters like these often to enforce their client’s rights. Here’s a website that has a good template (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation. Also, if this individual is bullying you to this degree, then it is possible that he is not abiding by your employment contract in good faith. Under the Uniform Commercial Code Section 1-304, every contract comes with implied promises from both parties that they are going to be acting fairly toward one another. The failure of one party to act fairly toward the other can result in a breach of contract. To facilitate your situation, there’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract (click here). It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If you send this letter and they do not respond, then you may want to consider bringing a lawsuit after that because it will be clear they will not be willing to settle the issue. Did you have any other questions for me?