Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a township forman for the recreation dept. for over…

Customer Question
I am a township...

I am a township forman for the recreation dept. for over 22years . 17 years as forman. I am not in a union as they say its a conflict of interest.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any conflict of interest been documented or proven?

My question is that I went through an easy pass with tpw truck and the township says I have to pay the fine.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Im full time and told I can onot be in union because I am a forman

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I continually not being paid corectly for my days working holidays. Right now Im still waiting to be paid for 4th of july and labor day

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have mentioned several things in your post, so it is a bit confusing.

What is your specific question for us, can you please clarify for us?

I went through an easy pass on parkway to avoid accident. I went through toll without paying. They said I have to pay the 50.00 dollar fine. Also I dont get paid correctly for working holidays. Giving me reg pay

Thank you for your reply.

You have two separate issues here. First, if an employee working for an employer commits a violation in an employer vehicle, the employer can hold the employee liable for that violation. So the employer can make you liable for the fine, regardless of the reason you went through the easy pass lane.

Second, are you an hourly employee or salary employee, because this makes a difference as to whether or not you are entitled to holiday pay or whether you simply get your straight salary, you need to give us more information about the second situation.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.