Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for a doctor for 25 years they are only two employees…

Customer Question
Hello I work...

Hello I work for a doctor for 25 years they are only two employees im the only full time and my boss deducted 2 days because I didnt work during the hurricane is that legal

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Are you salaried or hourly?
Where salaried no basis for the deduction. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. can have a lawyer make demand. Can also report to the labor board. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Infolawyer, Lawyer