Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If I retire at 62 years old how much can I earn annualy at…

Customer Question
If I retire at...

If I retire at 62 years old how much can I earn annualy at work?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Dakota

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Part time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Once a person meets the requirements to retire, they're allowed to retire and take their benefits even if working elsewhere. There isn't an income tax, because retirement is based on age, how much you've worked and paid into the system, not on need.

Working after retirement should not affect your income unless you are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), which is only for people with extreme financial need. That's not a retirement program.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

If I retire at 62 years and recieve social security when I get to my full retirement can I make as much as I want or is there a limit I can make per year?

There is not a limit. You can make as much as you want.

Do you have any questions about this?