Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work in MN as a credit analyst, we are told we are

Customer Question
I work in MN...

I work in MN as a credit analyst, we are told we are expected to work 45 hours a week and now there is mandatory Saturday's being imposed. Even though some of us are working already 55+. Just curious if we are qualified for overtime with this new law? We are feeling more like slavery than salary.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will, full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

I am sorry that your work is having you work such extensive hours.

Please click here to review the requirements for an employee to be considered exempt (salaried).

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.