Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a male 61 years old and I get abused at workevery day,

Customer Question
Hi, I am a...

Hi, I am a male 61 years old and I get abused at workevery day

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I get asked when are you retiring and we could get a new young guy for cheaper

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Your in your chair too long and you should put in your papers ....for begining'am i getting warmer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just have MANY more examples

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

You gave an example that sounds a bit like a shot at your age. Is that what the abuse you are referring to is directed at?

Don't rate that answer. I'm just asking questions right now.

Have you reviewed my questions?

You opened another question rather than answering my questions here. Another attorney is going to start talking to you, but I will address your question because I saw your first request.

If you are being pestered about retiring, you need to file a complaint with the EEOC in your state. It seems that most of the comments made against you relate to age and that is a form of age discrimination.

The concern that I have is that your employer might not be large enough to allow for you to use the age discrimination act. If the employer has at least 20 employees though, you can file a complaint with the EEOC and have the matter investigated and dealt with by that agency.

It appears that you are opening many other questions and not reviewing this question, which was your initial post.

I remain available to assist you.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer