Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been asked by my employer to get a note from my

Customer Question
I have been asked...

I have been asked by my employer to get a note from my doctor stating what I can do a few years back I hurt my back and since then I have put extra weight on so my knees have starting bothering me so I started using a walker to get around after I went to the doctor and they had me to use one to get around. I am a town clerk and tax collector and they are trying to say since I can not go outside to get the mail which I have not done in approximately four years but now all of a sudden it is a problem so they had the town's attorney to write up a note to go the doctor and it does not say anything in may job description that I had to go outside but he put it in as an example is there anything I can do I think they are trying to releive me of my job

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

They are at will and I work full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that is it for now

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. I am very sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify for me what your specific question is? Are you asking if you can be fired for not being able to go pick up the mail? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.