Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was fired for being pregnant. I went to the EEOC in Jan

Customer Question
and just now got a...
I was fired for being pregnant. I went to the EEOC in Jan and just now got a response from the employer. I have written a rebuttal letter with witnesses to contact. Is there anything I need to do extra?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Cincinnati, Ohio
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was a full time salary manager
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They are saying it was because of sales and clocking in and out. I worked the first few months not having to clockin and out with well over the minimum hours and some weeks no days off. Almost everything they wrote me up for was dated the day before or day I was fired. I was told by multiple employees once they found out I was pregnant I needed to start looking for a new job because they will find a reason to fire me.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to write your rebuttal and if you have any additional evidence to support your rebuttal you need to attach copies of that evidence to your rebuttal. You need to make sure you mention in the rebuttal, they have fabricated these allegations as a pretext for discrimination and none of their claims had ever been an issue with this employer during your entire employment until you went out due to your pregnancy.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney