Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I work in a spa in Ma and my employer takes a 10% house

Customer Question
Hi! I work in a...
Hi! I work in a spa in Ma and my employer takes a 10% house charge out of out total services before taxes. is this legal. it totaled $12000.00
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: We work on commission and I am full time. taxes taken out after she takes the 10% house charge
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
It is illegal to do so where sides have agreed to a set rate. You can pursue a complaint with the company and then with the labor board and court action. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Tina, Lawyer