Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can an employer make you use your paid time off to meet

Customer Question
Can an employer make...

Can an employer make you use your paid time off to meet their revenue budget for the month

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To be clear, they want you to take the time off (not actually work) and pay you the PTO, correct?

Tina, Lawyer