Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am in a union and was fired for lack of work. The company…

Customer Question
I am in a...

I am in a union and was fired for lack of work. The company distributed the work to non-union workers and the Union Attorney failed to focus on the fact that this is Union bustiing

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

RI

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The companies agreement is with the city and states that Union positions will remain.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case. There is no basis to contest your position, which apparently is simply being pursued in bad faith against facts and lawYou want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable". if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
My problem is that the Unions Lawyer tied me into arbitration, no decision has been rendered, but she knows that she has messed up the case. I ask her to request another hearing and she has refused. I have given her direct requests as the how I want her summation to be written and again she refuses. Since she is a Union Lawyer, what rights do I have?
You can insist she seek to supplement before the arbitrator and if needed appeal any decision. You may also have a claim against the lawyer and malpractice lawyers handle that often on commission!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"Kindly rate me five stars.

Is the reply acceptable?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!