Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I worked for Walmart for approximately 2 years. There was…

Customer Question
My name is Gail...

My name is Gail, I worked for Walmart for approximately 2 years. There was employee that was under my supervision. There had been several complaints made to me about him. As time went on the complints worse an worse. I would report thies complaints to my managers.. They just leht this kid get out of control. The complaints were small at frist then it was sexual harassment of a minor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Then it went to him threating to do physical harm to fellow associates and customers as well. The n he started pulling his knife out on people.. On 9/8/17 I reported him again... They did not address it at all... I was working that night my teenage daughters came in. They went to my truck to get something out he followed them tried to scaere them it didn't work he sarted talking to them and ultimately pulled a knife out on them and told them to come at him. They walked away come in and told me... I reported to my manager on duty. They did nothing. I called the police from home and pressed criminal charges.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The next day I went to the store and there he was pushing carts like nothing had happened.. I was so upset i went in to talk to management the over night manager didn't even think i was important enough to pass it on. I blew up i quit. If I would not have went that day and said simething and quit he would still be there.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?