Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

I am working for client through 1 primary vendor now client

hi pearl i am working for client through 1 primary vendor now client is offering full time can i go or not? my company doen't have any agreement with client directly
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i am from illinois and client is in connecticut
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i got offer letter not sure if i should accept it or not?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i as told even vendor doesn't have any agreement with client but they might have with my employer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

The only limitation on you going to work for the client is if you signed a written agreement with your company prohibiting you from doing so. Otherwise, you are free to do so.

If the client signed any sort of agreement then that would not create liability on your part, but it could complicate things for the client. Presumably, they would not have offered you employment if it was restricted in their agreement.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for prompt reply.
I did sign one document which describes i can not work for their clients, but client i am working currently is not direct client for my employer. My employer doesn't have any sort of agreements with my current client. Is there any problem if accept offer?

If the agreement only prohibits you from working for current clients, then you should be fine.