Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can my Mental Health Licensed Professional Counselor (LPCMH)

Customer Question
Can my Mental Health...

Can my Mental Health Licensed Professional Counselor (LPCMH) complete my ADA request for accommodation to my employer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Delaware

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

State Government, Not Union, Full Time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's all, thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you for your patience. The answer to your question is yes. Generally, so long as you have a health professional who can authorize the extent of your disability, then the employer is required to accept it in its consideration of giving you reasonable accommodations. In addition, many cases, medical documentation doesn't even need to be provided if the extent of your disability is obvious and you make the request.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer