Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terminated from my position last week after 8 years of…

Customer Question
I was terminated from...

I was terminated from my position last week after 8 years of service,my now former employer offered me a severance of $2000,is that a normal amount or is that just what they felt like offering?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was seemingly terminated for business reasons so I was told,no downsizing or insubordination on my part.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Do you have a written employment agreement requiring the employer to pay severance?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!