Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If asked to stay home because the mayor declare a state of…

If asked to stay...

If asked to stay home because the mayor declare a state of emergency, can the employer force you to use vacation for that day

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will full time but the is on a federal insatallation

9/13/2017
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Vacation time is not a legally required benefit, neither by the state and by the federal government. Employers may utilize internal policies to dictate the terms of a vacation policy. There is no legal restrictions on how an employer may set up their policy, except that they must apply policy equally to all employees of the same class (i.e. that it not discriminate).

Therefore, unfortunately, if an employer wishes to have you use vacation time for this circumstance, and they apply it to everyone, they may do so.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi