Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

I love and work in Michigan. I am a salaried manager and the

Customer Question

I love and work in Michigan. I am a salaried manager and the company i work for has a vacation policy for managers that is accrual based. I earn 4 weeks a year/160 hours. The policy is that if you don't use the vacation up by the fiscal years end, you lose the vacation and it does not get paid out. I put in my two weeks notice with the company and then further agreed to stay for an additional 2 weeks, which they would c compensate me an additional $500 bonus. I will be done as of next week Friday and I just realized that I have 40 hours accrued that I will not be ab!e to use up by next week. Is the com many required to pay me out for my vacation time I accrued? I have not asked them yet.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi Customer. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

The company is not required to pay out this time, unless the company policy and/or employment agreement states that they must. Vacation time is not a legally required benefit and therefore employers may create their policies and rules regarding this benefit. The policy just needs to be applied consistently and that they do no discriminate in their application of the policy.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.