Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I put in my two weeks notice due to unfair treatment at my…

Customer Question
I put in my...

I put in my two weeks notice due to unfair treatment at my workplace. The business I work for has been paying me my 401k instead of taking the money out of my check. Since I put in my two weeks notice they are now wanting me to sign a form stating that I will pay them back the money they have paid me. I have been trying for 3 years to get the accountant to correct my check but she has ignored it so when I got a new office manager in February I brought this to her attention and it was decided that instead of paying the company back I wouldn't get a raise so since I am quitting I am unsure if I should sign the form the want me to sign or not

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

The agreement was made 3 day after the birth of my son which is also when my business made it clear that I only had 3 days of vacation time and any other time missed from work would be taken off my check so I returned to work because like most people I have bills I have to pay to support my family. There was never a maternity leave because I was told I have to work from home. This became very stressful because I was still recovering from labor and having to return to work and unable to take care of my newborn who had medical issues. Which also caused more stress on my end and I ended up being unable to breastfeed my baby as I did my first child.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I work full time, and this is not a union job

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that all that I have the documents of agreement and papers where I clocked my hours while pregnant because I was working over the 8 hours.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
No basis for repayment. If underpaid can also pursue a claim. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"

awaiting your reply, thank you.