How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work from home in South Dakota, for a company based in MN.

Customer Question

I work from home in South Dakota, for a company based in MN. I have an illness now that I have to cut some hours. I have been working for this company for several years, they say if I cut my hours I will lose a dollar an hour in pay. Can they do that?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The company is in Mn. Im in South Dakota.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Im on full time. Don't know about the others
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They told one of the other employees that works in South Dakota same thing. But then retracted it when she threatened to quit and said sorry that only applies to our MN employees.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.


Are you under any type of written fixed term employment contract?


Is this a private employer or a governmental one?





Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just cancel it. I was first told 5.00 now you want 47.00 more.