Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work at a retirement community that had been recently

Customer Question

I work at a retirement community that had been recently purchased by another company. It was effective May 5, 2017. They have not given me any support til recently. They had no fee schedules til August and did not have my leads database til July. Last week they gave me an improvement plan that states I must have ten deposits by Oct 31 or could face termination. I am very worried.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Massachusetts
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time. U have been there 10 years now and was there 5 years in the 90's
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They have increased entrance fees to as much as $94,000
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

From facts mentioned, the decision is arbitrary and may be contested with HR by you or counsel. what is more, if the decision is based on your age or other discriminatory reason, it is illegal and may be challenged for that reason too. Often having counsel speak to HR sends a message not to proceed with such conduct further.

if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"