Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I need to know what my rights are I work at a motel I work

Customer Question
Hello I need to know...
Hello I need to know what my rights are I work at a motel I work 16 hours a day 7 days a week. But I only get paid for 3 hours a day I live in a 5th wheel and at the motel the owner says that my working the hours I dont get paid for is my rent and warter power cable
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: what do you mean by at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: when I have had to fill in for anyone I would start my shift at 5pm to 8pm and wont get off untill 9am then work the 9am to the 5pm then do the 5pm untill the 9am girl gets back
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/12/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

From facts mentioned you have a claim for unpaid wages including minimum wage and overtime pay which must be paid under the fair labor standards act and state law. You can pursue with the labor department, which is free, or have an employment lawyer speak to HR about it. Kindly let me know if that is fast and acceptable.

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Tina, Lawyer