Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was offered a job and they did a background check and

Customer Question
I was offered a...

I was offered a job and they did a background check and found that I was arrested for shoplifting in March of 16--I had recently had hip surgery and was on strong medication. I am retired and have no money. Because of my arrest I think I am not going to get this job, which I need so much. What can I do? I need to get back with them asap.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Ohio but the company headquarters are in California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm not sure what you mean. The records show my arrest and they want me to respond.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The company is Advanced Solutions.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Were you ever convicted of the shoplifting?

Who wants you to reply to them, the employer or background check company?

Did you disclose the conviction on your application when asked?