How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in need of the proper paperwork to file in my district

Customer Question

I am in need of the proper paperwork to file in my district court a lawsuit against the State of Kansas, Department of Labor
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: kansas
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time, but that has nothing to do with it, I am suing them for the several state refunds that are being kept after the overpayment has already been paid back, and they still say I owe them and threatens that they can come take my vehicle or personal items.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, that this has been a problem for me since 2001, it was paid back fully in 2010 and I'm still dealing with this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

There is no set form or paperwork for this type of a lawsuit since it is not cookie cutter like a divorce proceeding. Lawyers have to custom draft a lawsuit of this type. It is called a declaratory judgment action where you seek a legal determination from the court that you do not owe them any money and ask for a court judgment against the State ordering it to refund monies wrongfully kept.

See this law for further assistance.

Here is a sample DJ petition to use as a go-by template.

Does this answer your question?

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.