Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a landscape company that did not complete the work…

Customer Question
I have a landscape...

I have a landscape company that did not complete the work and they print my trees improperly he

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I have asked him to discuss the bill and I feel amendments need to be made he went and filed I theft of services on me today and I called the police department and they said that they would come and arrest me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure what he needs to know so I guess not

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/12/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

I am not sure why the Police would threaten to arrest you under the circumstances since there is a dispute regarding the quality of work. This is a civil case that should be settled by the parties or lawsuit filed for breach of contract.

What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

It is not a civil case the contractor has the right to file theft of services on me there is no dispute over those services yet except for between he and I . He knows exactly what he's doing and he is bullying me however I live alone with a child if they are going to come over in a rest me I am not willing to risk my son going into foster care that's ridiculous
Civil case would be small claims court he is filing a criminal offense against me. I have not refused to pay the bill I simply asked to discuss the bill .

Thank you for the information.

While he has the right to file theft of services charge if you refuse to pay for services performed, your case does not merit the charge at this time because you are only disputing the services performed. You are not refusing to pay for the services. In any event, I still do not know what your question is. Kindly ask a specific question so that I can try to answer it.

Thank you for your cooperation.

what would a counter be to his move?
I was told that if the photos he has was considered enough evidence by the detectives then they would come and arrest me and that they did not need to hear my story . My photographs proof that he did a poor poor job that can be easily verified by many other landscapers in the area . So if his police report does not justify the filing then should I counter with a filing of malicious prosecution?

Thank you for the information.

Yes, you can counter with malicious prosecution/filing of false Police report. You may also file lawsuit against him for breach of contract.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law