Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

I worked for a company where my assistant manager was the

Customer Question

I worked for a company where my assistant manager was the wife of my regional manager. Is this a conflict of interest in the workplace?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ny
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time salary position general manager of a fitness facility
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Your question " Is this a conflict of interest in the workplace?"

Answer:

No, there really is no such thing as a conflict of interest in a private work place. There can be conflicts of interest involved in the legal field or in government work or in the case where a private employer is doing government contract work.

Conflict of Interest is one of those terms people hear about and use a lot but when you track down the source it always turns out to be a legal or government issue and not a private employer.

It is not at all uncommon in corporations for family members to hold positions of power and legally there is no difference in this respect between a company that has 10 employees and one that has 100,000.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.