Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I put my resume on an employment site. and was contacted by…

Customer Question
Hi, I put my...

Hi, I put my resume on an employment site. and was contacted by an employer and offered the job

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I was told to put in my personal info before the interview and send it in which I did, then was contact by the original site stating the employer was fraudulent and may use my personal info can I sue the employment site for not properly checking out their site employers

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Then site is Indeed, so a person posed as an legit employer and asked or my personal info then later indeed contacts me stating this employer was fraudulent, but wht about my personal information?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.. This to me sounds like a classic case of negligence against Indeed. Negligence simply means that there was a duty that the other party owed and they breached that duty in some way. What is most important is that it is proven that the defendant breached their duty of care because that is what mostly determines whether there is a cause of action. Basically, the question is, “Did the defendant’s actions fall below the standard of care for a reasonable person in a similar situation?” Better stated, “Would a reasonable job board act in a similar manner under similar circumstances.” If the answer to that question is no, then there is negligence and you are entitled to damages. Damages can be difficult to calculate, but if you click here you can use a calculator help you understand. You may need to get a civil litigation attorney in your area to negotiate something reasonable on your behalf with Indeed. A company of that size would largely settle your damage claims. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.