Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If a manager is against promoting within - is this not a…

Customer Question
If a manager is...

If a manager is against promoting within - is this not a form of discrimination or bias based on the applicants current work location

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

There is a union - but not mandatory to join, full time, federal gov't

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will I be charged

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
That is not illegal. It may however violate internal policy and practice. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"