How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2185
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am prevented from obtaining Legal Employment as I cannot

Customer Question

I am prevented from obtaining Legal Employment as I cannot produce required documents to complete an I-9 Form. Child support arrears prevents Passport issuance, and I cannot obtain a copy of Social Sec. Card without a valid Passport. So what can be done?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas However just gained employment in GA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time commercial truck driver for 12 months.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a naturalized US citizen, my birth certificate issued by "non-us" gov. therefore I am restricted to the two documents referenced in order to complete I-9 Form. Hence my double jeopardy. thx
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

I previously worked in the Texas Child support agency. You need to contact one of their field offices and offer to make a lump sum in order to get your passport renewal cleared so that you can get a job and get current on child support. If you work with them they will usually work with you. They do not want the administrative remedies they have to be the reason someone isn't working and paying their child support.