Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am prevented from obtaining Legal Employment as I cannot

Customer Question

I am prevented from obtaining Legal Employment as I cannot produce required documents to complete an I-9 Form. Child support arrears prevents Passport issuance, and I cannot obtain a copy of Social Sec. Card without a valid Passport. So what can be done?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas However just gained employment in GA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time commercial truck driver for 12 months.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a naturalized US citizen, my birth certificate issued by "non-us" gov. therefore I am restricted to the two documents referenced in order to complete I-9 Form. Hence my double jeopardy. thx
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

I previously worked in the Texas Child support agency. You need to contact one of their field offices and offer to make a lump sum in order to get your passport renewal cleared so that you can get a job and get current on child support. If you work with them they will usually work with you. They do not want the administrative remedies they have to be the reason someone isn't working and paying their child support.