Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My employer has changed the conditions of my job one month…

Customer Question
My employer has changed the...
My employer has changed the conditions of my job one month after being hired into the position. I was hired as a part-time hourly employee and now suddenly they are stating as of October 1st, I have to become salary. Still part time (32 hours/week) and be on call 50% of my time with no compensation for being on call. Wondering if this is legal?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

What is the nature of your job exactly? Also, when you are on call, how often do you expect to be called? Will you be able to engage in personal activities while on call, or will you simply be waiting by your phone? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.