Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am an independent contractor and the company I am working

Customer Question

I am an independent contractor and the company I am working for won't tell me how my pay is being calculated so I can double check their math I want to know if they can do this?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

When you say they won't tell you how your pay is being calculated, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean they simply surprise you with a number at the end of the month with no explanation? Is there some methodology that you have agreed upon? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.