Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am an independent contractor and the company I am working…

Customer Question
I am an independent...

I am an independent contractor and the company I am working for won't tell me how my pay is being calculated so I can double check their math I want to know if they can do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

When you say they won't tell you how your pay is being calculated, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean they simply surprise you with a number at the end of the month with no explanation? Is there some methodology that you have agreed upon? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.