Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My work place is having me followed everwhere I go. I found

Customer Question
My work place is having...
My work place is having me followed everwhere I go. I found out through someone who was suppose to be watching me and tolde me they have my phones hacked and my e-mail. Is this legal
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: ]at eill full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They have a surveillance team that follows me as soon as I leave my house. I have done nothing wrong. I don;t do drugs. i am on time for work. My friend told I PISSED SOMEONE OFF
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me some time to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

It wouldn't be legal for them to tap your phone or monitor your internet use except if you are at work or they have a court order allowing them to do so (which is extremely unlikely). There is really no law that prevents them from following you although a lot of that depends on the reasons. There are stalking laws in almost every state now but stalking laws do not really address situations like you are describing.

Just to be clear, the courts have allowed employers to monitor internet use and telephone calls made while employees are at work.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer