Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

Is my employer obligated to protect me from a hostile work

Customer Question

Is my employer obligated to protect me from a hostile work environment?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nevada
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I think at will, full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My job requires living on site in an HOA, 2 part time vacationeers harass and threaten myself and others regularly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Your employer is required to take action if your are harassed sexually or on account of your race, religion, ethnicity, gender, etc.

If you are being harassed or threatened by non-employees then your remedy is to report it to the police.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!