socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I was just denied unemployment because I took vavation

Customer Question

I was just denied unemployment because I took vavation withut prior approval and was fired. It says I am disqualified for benefits until I have worked for 6 six weeks at my new job and earned 6 times my benefit amount. I have been at the new job for 4 weeks already. Does that mean I will receive the payment in two more weeks?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 month ago.

If you continue to certify your weekly continuing claim, then once the six weeks passes, you will begin to receive benefits. If you stop certifying, then you will have to file to reopen your claim, before you will start receiving benefits.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!