Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If all Full Time employees in a company are paid additional…

Customer Question
If all Full Time...

If all Full Time employees in a company are paid additional income for disaster pay and then a handful of employees are called in to work do they have to be paid for hours worked

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full Time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

These employees who worked during the disaster were paid 1/2 of their regular wage in addition to the disaster pay all other employees received

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/9/2017
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley

all employees should be treated equally

if they worked and were paid extra in addition to disaster pay then that is fine