Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm working for private company in Afghanistan. I am foreign…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm working for...

Hi, I'm working for private company in Afghanistan. I am foreign national, from Europe. Is there a law that regulates the pension for foreign nationals working overseas?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm from Serbia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It's 1 year contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Then after one year I extend it. I have worked before 3 years and now in december it will be 4 years total

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
9/10/2017
Employment Lawyer: LyndaVan, Retired Judge replied 11 months ago
LyndaVan
LyndaVan, Retired Judge

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I believe that I can assist you in this matter. As I understand it you are a Serbian citizen working for a private company in Afghanistan and you want to know if you are entitled to a pension. Whether you are entitled to a pension totally depends on what your employment contract states, if a pension is not specifically stated in your contract then you are not entitled to one. This is a matter you should review with the HR department of your company. Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this matter. Good luck!